Vitamins and Foods to help Anxiety
Anxiety can be a frightening yet very common symptom of stress in our modern society. In Chinese Medicine, treatment can be very effective in calming the spirit, and therefore helping insomnia which can be seen quite frequently along with anxiety. If you currently do not come in for treatment, I would recommend booking a free consultation to confidentially discuss your individual concerns. Coming soon, there will be aromatherapy and breathing exercises to facilitate treatment. Please see below for some beneficial Vitamins and food recommendations.
Vitamins for Anxiety
- Essential Fatty Acids and flaxseed oil (or click here for an amazing magic seeds recipe)
- Calcium – 500-1000mg daily
- Magnesium – 250-500 mg daily
- Niacin – 250-500 mg daily (start with a low dose and work up to this dose)
- Zinc – 15 mg two times a day
- liquid kyolic with B12 from Wakunaga (aged garlic extract)
- floradix Iron
- 5-HTP – 50-100 mg twice daily
- B-complex – 50 mg twice daily
- GABA – 500 mg twice daily between meals has a calming effect
*please be mindful of increasing the dosage of the vitamins slowly, and be careful of any counterindications with Rx you are on.
Diet for Anxiety
A diet high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and vitamins B and E is beneficial as stress can deplete them. Fruits and vegetables such as sapricots, wintermelon, asparagus, avocados, bananas and broccoli in addition to brown rice, dried fruit, figs, salmon, garlic, green leafy vegetables, soy products, and yogurt. AVOID caffeine, tobacco, alcohol, and sugar whenever possible.