WHAT IS MICRONEEDLING?
Microneedling is a procedure that uses a device covered with tiny, shallow needles to cause a ‘micro-trauma’. This prompts the skin to heal itself naturally by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin and replacing the surface skin cells revealing younger, glowing skin underneath. It is a natural, safe, minimally invasive collagen induction therapy treatment that is FDA and Health Canada approved.
At AcuCare, we use the highly advanced Innopen therapy. Unlike most microneedling tools that slide across the skin, the Innopen uses stamp technology. Stamping allows for a controlled depth as well as delivering microchannels with no unnecessary damage to the skin. It utilizes a closed tip needle entry system to ensure skin is not retracted into the needle tip. When you use an open tip system like most of the others on the market, it can cause microscopic tears and tissue damage. It also works with your own PRP (platelet-rich plasma) and the microchannels it creates assists in absorption of peptides to further increase collagen production.
WHAT IS MICRONEEDLING?
“The face is the window to our entire physical, mental, and spiritual self.”
- Anti-aging and preventative for fine lines and wrinkles at any age
- Improves texture and firmness for all types of skin
- Reduce acne scars and other scars
- Reduces hyper-pigmentation, large pores, and cellulite
- Hair rejuvenation for men and women
YOUR TREATMENT INCLUDES:
- Advanced numbing prior to treatment as well as options of stress relief acupuncture or vibrational tuning forks while you are relaxing
- DR BABOR PRO PEP Peptide concentrate used during treatment to further increase collagen production
- 3D hydro gel face mask and skinovage calming cream rich
- Go home with customized BABOR samples to ensure your skin is healthy and happy
In order to get the best result from your microneedling treatments, it is important to know what to do before and after the procedure.
To learn more about microneedling pre and post care tips, click here.
May be covered under your extended health insurance plan. Please check with your insurance company to see if your policy covers Acupuncture. Note: the product cost of $75 is not covered under extended medical.