Below are some Recipes for common health complaints. I would like to thank Henry C. Lu for them, among other Chinese physicians.
- Cook noodles and add 25 g fresh onion white heads, 25 fresh ginger; mix thoroughly. After eating wrap up in blankets to enduce sweating.
- Slice 30g old or fresh ginger and boil in 300 ml water until the water is reduced to 100 ml;add some brown sugar and boil again until the sugar dissolves. After eating stay in bed to perspire.
- Boil 10g peppermint and 1-g crushed green onion white heads in water to make tea to relieve headache due to common cold
- Crush 100g fresh finger and squeeze out the juice; mix the juice with rice wine and warm in a small pan. Drink the beverage to induce sweating.
- Fry a few garlic cloves and grind into powder; mix 2 tsp of the garlic powder with a little sugar and eat it to relieve cough due to common cold.
- other beneficial foods to common cold are orange peel, peppermint, green onion bulb and radish.
- Slice 250g fresh radish and soak it in a fair amount of vinegar for a few hours. Eat as a salad
- Put a few slices green onion white heads or garlic in a respiratory mask; inhale for prevention of and recovery from influenza.
- Grate 150g fresh radish and mix it with honey in a jar. Seal the jar for 1 week. Eat a small cupful each time, 3 times a day.
- Mix 10-15g licorice and dried ginger mixed together (when there is no thirst and fever)
- warm 3/4 fresh milki with 1 tsp fresh ginger juice and a little sugar; drink the whole thing (also good for vomiting, belching and diff. when swallowing)
- Dissolve 4g ground cinnamon in a cup of warm water; cover it for 15 min, drink as a tea
- Boil a few garlic cloves in water with black sugar over low heat. Drink a cupful each time, 3 times a day after meals.
- Chew a few dried sour plums slowly like chewing gum
- consume a large quantity of cooked chives
- Wash and peel a radish; grate it to squeeze out the juice. Drink it with cold water.
- Slice a bitter melon in small pieces; cook in water as soup or as an ingredient in a recipe.
- Boil 50g hyacinth beans in 500ml water until reduced to 300ml; add salt as seasoning. Drink half the cooled juice each time, twice a day and eat the beans
- Boil 30g dried ginger in water along with 30g brown sugar and 30g seeded red dates. Good for pain of a cold nature (when heat helps the pain)
- Prepare 24g fresh ginger, 30g red dates and 9g red pepper. Cut the ginger and pepper, then boil the 3 ingredients in 3 glasses water until water is reduced by half. Drink it hot to relieve cold menstrual pain.
- Boil 5g cinnamon twigs, 15g hawthorn fruits in 3 glasses water until reduced by half. Add 30g brown sugar and continue to boil for a few seconds. Drink it hot to relieve menstrual pain due to coldness, and in a fixed location.
- Crush an onion and put it in a jar. Inhale the vapor through the nose while in bed. Normally you can fall asleep within 15 min.
- Wrap 30g wheat bran in a clean cloth as a tea bag; make tea with the bran. Drink it all at once before bedtime.
- Eat cooked egg yolk every day for a few weeks.
- Fry 20g wheat until yellowish; add 5g licorice and 10 red dates; boil the 3 ingredients in water over low heat until water is reduced by half. Drink as soup
- Fresh juicy ginger cut in slices, when hiccupping occurs have 1 slice at a time and chew it slowly, swallowing the juice. Normally 1-3 slices will stop the hiccupping.
- Prepare 30g fresh ginger and squeeze out the juice; mix with 30ml honey. Slowly drink it all.
- Mix 20ml rice vinegar with an equal amount of cold water. Slowly drink it all.
- Peel and chop 500g sweet potatoes as you would in normal cooking; Boil the potatoes in water, add salt or sugar as seasoning and eat before bedtime.
- cut up 100g white radish and squeeze out the juice; mix with some honey. Eat every day.
- mix 2 tsp honey with a glass warm water. Drink it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
- Cut up and crush fresh unpeeled potatoes and squeeze out the juice. Drink 2 tsp of the juice with honey on an empty stomach first thin gin the morning for 2 to 3 weeks. This remedy also applies to gastric/duodenal ulcers.
- Eat a few very ripe bananas or dry figs on an empty stomach first thing in the morning (no hard bananas)
- Regularly drink milk first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Drink a glass of grapefruit juice first thing int he morning on an empty stomach.
- Soak 1 glass rice in water overnight. Next day, boil 10 walnuts for 5 min min; grind them in a blender; pour the rice and soaking water into the blender and grind them again; add more water and a little sugar and continue boiling the walnuts and rice over low heat until they become sticky. Eat this dish regularly.
- Peel 2 cloves garlic and crush them;add 2 tsp brown sugar and boil the 2 ingredients in half a glass water. Drink the hot soup each time, 2 -3 times daily.
- Eat 1 peeled crabappe first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, then after lunch and dinner
- Fry fresh ginger without oil until it becomes dry and burned on the outside; grind into powder. Take 8g ginger each time, 3 times a day, with warm water
- Crush a few fresh radishes to squeeze out the juice. Drink a cup of juice each time, twice a day.
- Peel 50g fresh ginger and cut into small slices; boil the ginger slices with 100g maltose in 2 glasses water for 30 min. Drink it hot, twice a day in one day
- Make a hole on the side of a pear or an apple; pour some honey into the hole, steam the pear or apple, then crush and eat it
- Steam 2 tsp fresh chive juice with 1 tsp fresh ginger juice and 250 ml fresh milk. Drink it warm before meals.
- see remedies under hiccupping.
- Chew a few preserved plums slowly like chewing gum
- Grate 50g fresh ginger and make tea with 100g dried orange peel and water; drink it slowly.
- for dry vomiting, mix a tsp of honey with a small cup fresh ginger juice.
- For persistant nosebleeds, prepare a fresh tender onion leaf and cut it open, use a cotton ball to rub the inner surface of the onion leaf until the cotton ball becomes soaked with onion fluids; squeeze the cotton ball into the bleeding nose, which should stop the bleeding.
- Squeeze the juice out of fresh chives. Drink a small cut of juice each time, twice a day
- External treatment: crush garlic and flatten on sole of foot.
- crush 500g unpeeled radish or pear and soak in 2 tsp honey for a few hours before eating it.
- for horseness due to bronchitis, boil some licorice in water over low heat. Eat as soup
- Older patients suffering with chronic bronchitis should be more energetic by eating fish, seafoods, and yams
- Wash and boil a pumpkin with 2 tsp honey in water until the pumpkin becomes extremely soft; use the condensed pumpkin soup to mix with 10g fresh ginger juice. Boil the new mixture for a few minutes. Drink 1 cupful each time with warm water, three times a day.
- Boil together 200g bean curd, 60g maltose or honey and 30g fresh radish. Eat in 1 day to relieve the symptoms.
- Boil 2g fennel seed or anise seed, 10g apricot seed, 5g dry orange peel and 8g seaweed in 3 cups water until the water is reduced to 1 cup. Drink 1 cup as tea each time, 3 times a day.
- Chew a few fresh chestnuts (uncooked) in the morning and in the evening to reduce frequent urination, particularly in older persons.
- Soak 30 dried mushrooms in water until they are soft; cook with a few green onion white heads, add soy sauce as seasoning, for normal consumption at meals
- Boil 150g string beans in water; add a little salt as seasoning when the beans become very soft. Drink as soup on an empty stomach to stop frequent urination.